Saturday, February 28, 2015

Felt Like Funkin' It Up

Mardi Gras is over, and we all lived. For most people in the program, this was the first Mardi Gras. This marks my fifth straight in the city of New Orleans, and somehow it is never the same beast. The city goes full manic episode during that time, so you never know what it'll do. Finishing Carnival season and starting the Psychiatry block has forced me to diagnose the city with bipolar disorder along with signs of schizophrenia, but all the Lithium in the world couldn't stabilize this place.

As far as service work, I am choosing to back-load my service since the semester is so front-heavy (much like the last). Spring semesters at Tulane are normally very fast-paced, and by now we have reached over 90% of our Principles grade and over 50% of our Med-Pharm. I haven't quite decided what my service this semester will be, but I have liked to change it up throughout my time in the city because there are so many avenues for helping others and the community.

Mardi Gras may be over, but Rebirth brass band is always around. "Do Whatcha Wanna" by Rebirth is one of the most recognizable horn combos around.

No comments:

Post a Comment