Friday, October 31, 2014

Controlling the Blood Pressure

This month was one of high importance in terms of time management and weight of grade points. I would say that I'm relatively up to speed with the pace of the courses, so at least I knew what was coming (to some extent). I've learned how to control blood pressure, both my own (for the sake of balancing everything on my plate) and a patient's in a clinical setting. I really enjoyed the SIM at the end of the cardio block (which I think I neglected to mention in my last post). It was nice to at least act in a clinical setting, and it helped to reinforce my future goals.

I did another Habitat for Humanity build this month. We built two sheds outside in a lot in order to store items out of the elements (which in New Orleans can be anything). We also helped them to clean out and reorganize their warehouse. This month was more about helping the Habitat family rather than a family in need, so it was fulfilling to feel like we provided aid and efficiency to every build from then on.

On a continually positive note, the Saints are beginning to win frequently, and I think everyone in the program is (at least a little bit) a fan now. I included a song by Geno Delafosse, a cajun artist that we went to see at Rock N' Bowl after the Cardio Block exam.


No comments:

Post a Comment